Una Polenova’s work is inspired by the European Impressionists and the Canadian Group of Seven’s paintings of places and subjects that express the beauty and community in which we live. Integrating the art communities of White Rock, Surrey, North Vancouver, New Westminster and Squamish, Una has developed a greater sense of appreciation for the diversity and creative talent that undoubtedly enriches our lives and our environments.
NORTH SHORE Commemorative 1989-91
- PASTAMELI OF NEW YORK, West Vancouver, BC Nov - Dec 1991
- NORTH SHORE COMMUNITY ARTS COUNCIL, North Vancouver, BC Dec 1991
- CITY HALL, North Vancouver, BC Sept - Oct 1990
- DISTRICT HALL, North Vancouver, BC Nov - Dec 1990
- SEYMOUR GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB, North Vancouver, BC Mar - Apr 1988
- SEYMOUR ART GALLERY, North Vancouver, BC 1989
Exhibited 15-piece collection. Fundraising event, ticket-raffling, donation of private collection.
- ATELIER ACADEMY (Alex Fong, Brent Heighton…) White Rock, BC Watercolour Exhibition - June 26 & 27th, 1983
- Associate in Graphic Arts & Visual Design - Kwantlen College - January 23, 1986
- Certified in Digital Production for Print and Web - Corporate Communications College -June 06, 2001
- Advanced Study in Writing for Business and the Professions - SFU Writing & Publishing - February 7, 2001
As an active volunteer and member of the community, I have participated in the planning and execution of events for various community organizations and cultural commissions throughout the Vancouver Lower Mainland.
Solo exhibitions of her work have been presented throughout her career, while earning pay for services teaching or in graphic design. The following is a list of organizations and cultural groups in which she has contributed to.
- Member of Squamish Arts Council, Squamish BC 2020-2021
- Member of NEW WEST ARTS COUNCIL. New Westminster BC 2017-2019
- ANVIL CULTURAL CENTRE, New Westminster, BC 2016 -2019
Arts Assisting Arts and Music programs for youth
- KIWANIS CARE CENTRE, New Westminster, BC 2014 -2015
Teaching arts & craft classes to seniors bi-weekly for cognitive and physical therapy
- ALLIANCE FOR ARTS & CULTURE 2006
Vancouver Arts Awards Volunteer set-design assistant
- BC CHAPTER, GRAPHIC DESIGNERS OF CANADA 1999 – 2001
Past Member (MGDC) and Secretary of the BC Chapter;
Participated in volunteer event coordination of the: Strategic Connections, and the GDC Graphex Exhibitions.
- WESTVANCOUVER ARTS COMMISSION ‘Harmony Arts Festival – Art Beat’ -- 1991
Juror for Selection Committee, established donor relations of over 30 corporate sponsors,
100 volunteers and 150 participating artists
- DEEP COVE CULTURAL SOCIETY & CENTRE – Member of 1988
Proposal writing, conceptual event planning, and fundraising for the Cultural Centre building ·
- BURNABY VILLAGE HERITAGE MUSEUM, 1985
Designed a ‘Birds-Eye-View Plan of the Village,
illustration for internal and external marketing promotions.
- WHITE ROCK CHRISTIAN ACADEMY 1983 Darl Fast and Senior Pastor Vern Wilson
Residing Arts Teacher –Provincial curriculum for Grades 4 and 5. Coordinated project supplies prior to class;
presented projects, instructed and assisted students in the execution thereof.